This is going to be a crazy fun week for our family. I have family and friends flying to Utah for the wedding. I am so thrilled that my friends and my sister is coming. I am feeling so thankful for this. It's a HUGE big deal for me to have them all here. I want them to know how much it means. Gentry has been getting so many gifts and that is so nice and thoughtful. Many of you have sent gifts and well wishes. THANK YOU! The wedding is in 6 days. I want to think we are prepared.
I wanted to share a photo that CRAFTWELL had online yesterday-
Yes, I am doing LETTER SIZE embossing folders. I am eager to be able to have them debuted so that everyone can see how cool they are.
Yesterday Zachs high school baseball team played their first game in State playoffs. They played one yesterday and play again today. They did well and I was so happy.
I love that the kids came to support him. Grandma was even there. I know these are times that although at 15 years old, he does not say how much it means... it does.
Tonight after the game, I am going to the temple with Gentry. This is her first time. My heart is emotional. I feel so much happiness in her decisions to be married and go to the temple. I think it is to be expected that I am a "bit" emotional this week. Thankfully we are taking it day and day and things are going smooth.
Now I wanted to share a project designed by Julie Jacob.
"Today I am continuing with a project I shared on National Scrapbooking Day.
It's an altered book, which I turned into a gratitude journal for June.
You can find the tutorial for making the cover, pages, and days 1-5 HERE.
Today I want to share days 6-10. :)
1. Cut a piece of Summer Stories (SS) Flowers paper 4x7.5". I assemble my page and THEN glue it into the book. Way easier, as this book is NOT a lay flat book. :)
2. Cut the colored, lined index card from the Memories (M) Ledger card paper. Stamp I am thankful at the bottom, and adhere.
3. Add a strip of gold glitter scallop border beneath. Adhere chipboard LOVE pennant to top right, and the 'notes' SS die cut above the date on the index card.
4. Stamp the date and add a gold 6 (Thickers).
5. Glue whole piece into the book, then add black camera washi tape to left edge.
1. Adhere 'You & Me' SS die cut to top of book page...leave room at the bottom to slide notebook paper underneath. I kind of already decided this would be an 'I'm thankful for us' page.
2. Cut a piece of M Ledger Card paper (white ledger side) 3.5 x 5.5". Slide under you & me and adhere.
Add US pennant. Stamp I am thankful on SS Filigree paper (woodgrain side) and adhere.
3. Add chipboard button, SS enamel dots & the 7 (Thickers.)
4. Stamp the date and add the gray ruler washi tape to the bottom of the page.
5. I used my McGill tab punch and M Calendar paper (pink chevron side) to make the top tab. The numbers are from the Memories chipboard pieces. The back of the tab has the 8 on it.
The next two pages.
1. Cut a piece of M Subway Calendar paper (gray dot side) to 3.5 x 6.5".
2. Add the Remember die cut M piece. Cut the 8 from the SS Bingo paper (yellow numbers side) and adhere. I sewed beneath the remember...again, before you glue it into the book. :)
3. Add the die cut SS Just Because piece to the bottom.
4. Adhere the pennant, and stamp the date on it. Stamp I am thankful above it...then punch out Love This circle from the M Dots paper.
1. For this page I used the second to largest M file folder. The one with the different ledger cards on it. There's lots of room inside for journaling, or adding a picture or two.
2. Add a 1 3/4" strip of SS Stripes paper (pink dot side). I sewed on mine after adding the other elements.
3. Add the Story 3x4 card from the SS Cards paper. Punch a large gold glitter heart and add. Stamp I am thankful at the bottom right corner.
4. Adhere the yellow Love and pink pennants to the top left corner. Stamp the date above the Story card.
5. Punch the clock from the M Dots paper and tuck in on right side. Add the yellow brad to the center...then the chipboard button and enamel dots. Last...cut out the 9 from the SS Bingo paper (yellow numbers side) and adhere.
1. Punch out the fleur de lis ledger piece from the M die cut sheet. Add the good times strip. Then stamp the date beneath. Stamp I am thankful at the top. Adhere.
2. From your scraps of paper, punch several (I did 9 using a Martha Stewart punch) medium butterflies.
Adhere over the page...Add enamel dots to some butterflies...also the M 10 chipboard piece to another.
There you go...the first 10 days of June!
Have a great Monday... :)